Every year, the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE) of Kerala conducts this entrance exam. Candidates can enroll in Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Medical, and Allied courses through KEAM.
To gain admission to various institutions in Kerala, students must pass the KEAM entrance exam. Students must pass the NATA / NEET entrance exam to be admitted to architecture, medicine, and allied health sciences, including agriculture.
|Available on Application Form||1st week of Feb 2021|
|Last Date of Application Form||1st week of Mar 2021|
|Admit Card||4th week of Jun 2021|
|Entrance Exam||1st week of Jul 2021|
|Answer Key||2nd week of Jul 2021|
|Result||1st week of Aug 2021|
Students can find more information about the KEAM Application Form in the section below:
- The KEAM 2021 application form will be available in an online format.
- The application process for KEAM 2021 will begin in April 2021.
- Students will have until the last week of April 2021 to apply.
- Candidates are recommended to fill out the application form completely and accurately; otherwise, the application will be denied.
- The signature and photograph images in the application must be submitted in the format specified.
- The authority will also have a limited-time correction facility to edit any incorrect information (if any) in the form.
- It is not necessary to give the authority a printout of the application form.
- (i) Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/both: Rs.700/- (General), Rs.300/- (ST).
- (ii) Architecture only/Medical & Allied only/both: Rs.500/- (General), Rs.200/- (ST).
- (iii) Both (i) & (ii): Rs.900/- (General), Rs.400/- (ST).
- credit card
- debit card
- Internet Banking
Note: If a candidate has to select ‘Dubai’ as the examination center, he will have to pay an additional fee of Rs 12,000 / – through an online payment.
Until applying, students must read the following KEAM Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must be Indian citizens. Those with OCI/PIO status are also required to apply.
- Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK – I), and Non-Keralite Category II (NK – II) candidates seeking admission to Professional Degree programs will be classified.
- Applicants must be 17 years old as of December 31st of the admission year.
- Engineering, Architecture, and B.Pharma courses have no upper age limit.
Courses in Engineering:
For admission under the Management Quota in Private Self-Financing Engineering Colleges/Government Regulated Self-Financing Engineering Colleges, applicants must have passed the 12th level with 50 percent marks in Mathematics separately and 50 percent marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry combined OR candidates must have passed the Higher Secondary Examination with 45 percent marks.
Courses in Architecture:
- Candidate must have completed their 12th grade with Mathematics as a subject and earned a minimum of 50% in the aggregate.
- With Mathematics as a subject in the examination, a 10+3 Diploma (any stream) with a 50 percent aggregate mark is required.
- After ten years of education, a student must have earned an International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the compulsory subject of Mathematics.
- To be admitted to the B. Arch program, students must have a valid NATA 2021 scorecard.
Medical & Allied Health Courses:
- MBBS/ BDS/ BSMS: Students must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotechnology in the 12th grade, with a minimum of 50% in Biology/ Biotechnology and a total of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotechnology.
- BUMS: Candidates must have completed 12th grade with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects, with a minimum of 50% in PCB subjects and 50% in Biology.
- BAMS/BHMS: Students must have passed all PCB subjects in 12th grade with a minimum of 50% in Biology and 50% in all PCB subjects combined.
- BVSc & AH: Candidates must have received a minimum of 50% in PCBE subjects.
- B.Sc.(Hons.)Agriculture, B.Sc.(Hons.)Forestry, BFSc: Students must have earned 50% in Biology and 50% in PCB subjects combined at the 12th standard. Biotechnology would not be taken into account when determining college eligibility.
- B.Pharma: Students must have completed their 12th grade with 50 percent marks in Biology and Mathematics separately, as well as 50 percent marks in PCMB combined.
The following is the KEAM Exam Pattern 2021 for students to review:
- Duration of Exam: The total time required to complete the paper is 150 minutes.
- Type of question: Multiple choice questions – Objective.
- Number of questions: 120 questions
- Total Marks: The paper will be worth a total of 480 points.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Marking Scheme: 4 Marks for each correct answer.
Tips for Preparation
Students will learn KEAM exam preparation tips in the section below to help them score higher on the exam:
- The KEAM syllabus, as prescribed by the authority, must be followed by students.
- Students must double-check the exam pattern in its entirety.
- Make a list of relevant issues and go through them on a regular basis.
- To improve your training, take practice tests online or offline.
- Examine sample articles and previous year’s query papers.
- Maintain concentration for the entrance exam by doing yoga and exercises.
In the second week of May 2021, the KEAM 2021 admit card will be available for download. The admit card will only be available for download from the internet.
On the day of the test, candidates must carry a photo ID authorized by the Government of India along with their admit card. To gain access to the exam room, students must present a valid photo ID.
Admit Card (2021)
The KEAM 2021 response key for both Engineering papers will be available on the website. In the fourth week of May 2021, it will be available.
Students can also write to CEE with their query about response keys, along with supporting documents, and pay a fee of Rs.100/- per question via DD. The check should be made payable to CEE in Thiruvananthapuram.
The KEAM 2021 results will be released in the first week of June 2021. Students will be able to review their results on a website that the CEE will announce. By entering the application number or user name, the scorecard may also be obtained.
Engineering, Architecture, B.Pharm, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied (except MBBS/BDS/BAMS) & Ayurveda rank lists will be published separately by the authority. It will be released in the third or fourth week of June 2021, whichever comes first.
Following the successful completion of the KEAM test, the counseling process for admission to all courses will begin. Counseling for KEAM will begin in the fourth week of June 2021.
CEE will hold an online traditional counseling session. The Single Window System (SWS) will coordinate centralized allotment to give seats in different courses and colleges.