The Government of India has launched the Atal Pension Yojana to provide a good pension to workers and workers in the unorganized sector. In which the government co-contributes to this scheme. Meaning the government contributes 50% of the amount deposited in your account.
But this plan also has some rules. For example, the government will only pay up to 1000 rupees in a year. This action will continue for 5 years. In this Atal Pension Yojana, the pension amount ranging from 1000 to 5000 rupees is available to the investor from the age of 60 till death. The government has given a guarantee on this pension scheme. Therefore, you will get this pension under any circumstances. More returns can also be received.
When the investor dies, his wife continues to receive this pension. On the death of the investor, the nominee can continue the scheme or withdraw the deposited funds. Investing in this scheme for 60 years is required. The scheme has been made online to help customers.
Atal Pension Yojana launched
The Atal Pension Yojana was started by the Government of India on 1 June 2015. This scheme of the government can be availed by all Indian citizens in the age group of 18 to 40 years.
Who is eligible for Atal Pension Yojana?
- The person applying for this scheme should be an Indian citizen.
- He should be above 18 years of age and below 40 years of age.
- To get this scheme, the person making the application must have a savings account in any bank or savings account in the post office.
- A person can only apply for an Atal Pension Yojana.
Some conditions of Atal Pension Yojana
- Any person can avail of this scheme only if he is not an income taxpayer.
- Your name should not be covered under any other social security scheme.
- If a person is a government employee, who is involved in the EPF scheme, that person is not eligible for this scheme.
- If a person has joined this scheme before 31 March 2016, then only the government will give 50% co-contribution & those who are involved in the scheme after 31 March 2016 will not get any co-contribution from the government.
How to open an Atal Pension Yojana account
You can apply for “Atal Pension Yojana” in any government bank to avail of this scheme. Such as Atal Pension Yojana is available in all government banks like PNB, IDBI, SBI, CANARA. It is very important to have an Aadhaar card for this scheme. After that, you can choose the installment of a fixed amount according to your income.
Installment of “Atal Pension Yojana”
The installment of this scheme can be paid in monthly, quarterly & half-yearly installments. If your account has an Auto-debit facility, then this installment is automatically deducted from your bank account on time. Because it is necessary to submit the installment on time.
If there is no money in the account at the time of installment, then this money is deducted with a fine next month. 100 is fined at the rate of 1 rupee. Therefore, the investor must keep the installment amount in his bank account.
Can the pension amount be reduced or increased after taking this scheme?
After registering in the Atal Pension Yojana, the pension amount can be reduced or increased once a year in the month of April. But all changes must be done before the age of 60 years. After 60 years of age, there can be no change of any kind.
- This scheme can become the support of the old age of old people.
- This pension is received from the age of 60 to death.
- Nominee gets a pension on the death of the investor.
- Timely submission of all installments of this scheme earns more pension.