PTU means Punjab Technical University. IK Gujral Punjab Technical University no longer conducts PTU exams as of 2019. (IKGPTU). PTU offers access to various UG and PG courses through an online centralized counseling process.
Admission to B.Tech courses will be based on JEE Main scores, while admission to B.Arch. courses will be based on NATA scores. PTU all applications submitted for the only online mode and Exam Mode is Offline.
Available on Application Form
Last Date of Application Form
Candidates must read the following section for more information on the PTU 2021 application form:
- Candidates will have the option of filling out their application forms online.
- From the fourth week of May 2021, an application form will be available.
- Fill out the entry form completely, including basic information, credentials, courses or streams, and so on.
- A confirmation letter will be sent to the candidates after the fee has been paid.
- There will be no need to submit the application form to the authorities in hardcopy.
- The application form will be available for filling out until the first week of June 2021.
- Take a printout of the completed application form and save it for future use.
- General Categories Candidates: Rs.500/-
- SC/ST Categories candidates: Rs.250/-
- All candidates have to pay Rs.2000 / – as a counseling fee for a particular course.
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
Candidates should check the following details about PTU eligibility criteria:
- B.Tech: Candidates have to pass Intermediate / Diploma / IB Diploma. In which he should get a minimum of 55% marks. Candidates must qualify with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- B.Tech (Lateral): Candidates have to pass a diploma course in Mechanical / Electrical / Marine / Electronics. In which he should get at least 45% marks approved by AICTE / SBTE.
- B.Sc: Candidates have to qualify for intermediate from a recognized board or university. In this aptitude test, the candidates have to get a minimum of 50% marks.
- BA: Candidates have to pass 12th from a recognized board or university. In which he has to pass with a minimum of 50% marks.
- M.Tech: Candidates should have B.Tech or M.Sc. Bachelor’s degree in In this qualification examination, the candidates have to pass with a minimum of 50% marks.
- MBA & MCA: Candidates should obtain a bachelor’s degree in any stream. In which he has to pass with at least 50% marks.
- The entrance exam will be conducted online.
- The number of questions will vary according to the courses chosen by the candidates.
- The total time for the exam will also vary for the exam.
- Go through the entire syllabus and pattern.
- Practice with the help of previous year’s question papers. Set an appropriate time for exam preparation and follow it regularly.
- Try to remain calm and healthy during preparation.
- Try at least one mock test per week.
The merit list for PTU 2021 will be published in the last week of June 2021. It will be available on the website in an online format.
Candidates can access their results by entering their login information, such as their user ID and password. The merit list will be compiled based on the candidates’ qualifying examination results.
PTU 2021 cut-off will be made available online by the authority. The cutoff mark will be the minimum score that candidates must achieve in their qualifying test.
The cutoff will be announced separately for each course. Candidates must achieve a minimum cut-off score in order to be considered for entry.
The cut-off will be determined by a number of factors, including the candidate’s rank, the total number of seats available, and so on.
Counseling for PTU 2021 will be focused on a number of phases, including fee payment, registration, and option filling. Counseling will be conducted entirely online. Candidates would be required to participate in the counseling process.
The following steps will be followed to complete the counseling procedure:
- Fee Payment: In order to participate in the counseling process, candidates must pay a fee. Candidates must pay a registration fee of Rs. 2000. It will be submitted online with a debit card, credit card, or net banking account.
- Online Registration: Candidates must register themselves online after paying the counseling fee. Candidates must complete all required fields, such as basic information, qualifications, and communication.
- Filling Out College Choices: Candidates must fill out college choices based on their interests. The process of filling out the choices will begin on time. Remember to print out the completed options for future reference.
- Candidates will be able to verify their results or seat allotment by logging in with their login credentials. The selected candidates will receive a message in their registered number.
- Candidates must submit to the college to which they have been assigned after receiving their seat allotment. For the verification process, candidates must carry their original papers. Candidates must apply a college fee to validate their admission after their documents have been checked.
Seats will be canceled for candidates who are unable to send original documents for verification. The following are the documents that will be needed for verification:
- 10th-grade report card and certificate
- Certificate and label sheet for 12th grade
- a diploma or a degree
- Certificate of Birth
- Letter of seat assignment
- Certificate of Character
- Certificate of Residency
- Certificate of residence
- Deposit slip for counseling fees
- Certificate of Gap (if needed)
- Certificate of Caste