NIFT means the National Institute of Fashion Technology. The NIFT entrance exam is held every year by the National Institute of Fashion Technology.
This is a nationwide test that students take to gain admission to B.Des, B.FT, M.FT, M.Des, M.FM, and other programs. Only eligible candidates will be admitted to NIFT campuses in New Delhi, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Kangra, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Patna, and other cities.
Students must also pass the Creative Ability Test (CAT) and the General Ability Test (GAT) after passing the written test (GAT). NIFT all applications submitted for the only online mode and Exam Mode is Offline.
|Available on Application Form||2021|
|Last Date on Application Form||2021|
In the section below, you can find information on the NIFT 2021 Application Form:
- The NIFT 2021 registration process began on December 14, 2020.
- Students must register online using their valid mobile number and email address in order to fill out the application form.
- Students have until January 21, 2021 to submit their applications.
- Students can register for NIFT by going through several steps: registering online, filling out an application, uploading documents, and paying the application fee.
- Candidates can also register for NIFT 2021 by paying a late fee of Rs. 5000 before the deadline, which is January 24th, 2021.
- Students would also have the ability to correct any errors in the application form’s data.
- Candidates must take a printout of their completed application form and save it for future use.
- The completed application fee is non-refundable
- Candidates can pay the application fee in both online mode and offline mode. In which debit card, credit card & net banking facility is available in online mode and DD facility is available in offline mode.
- When the candidate pays the application fee in offline mode, the DD drawn should be in favor of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi.
- In NIFT, general and OBC-NCL candidates have to pay up to Rs 2000 and SC / ST and PWD candidates have to pay up to Rs 1000.
Candidates must read the NIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria before filling out the application form:
- Nationality: Indian nationals.
- Minimum Age: 23 Years (General Category), 28 Years (SC/ST/PWD category)
- B.F.Tech: 12th Class Pass
- B.Des: 12th Class Pass
- M.F.Tech: Candidates should have completed their bachelor’s degree in F.Tech from a recognized institute or university from NIFT or B.Tech/B.E.
- M.Des: Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university or have done UG diploma, NIFT or NID in UG Design for a minimum of three years.
Candidates must read the following information about the NIFT Exam Pattern:
- Duration of Exam: 2 Hours
- Type of question: Multiple choice questions – Objective.
- Number of questions: 150 questions (M.F.Tech, MFM & B.F.Tech), 100 questions (B.Des)
- Negative Marking: No negative markings.
- Exam Mode: Offline
There will be five sections in the question paper.
- Quantitative ability.
- communicative competence.
- Understanding of English.
- Analytical Ability.
- Common Sense.
- Current issue.
Tips for Preparation
Candidates can use the following tips and tricks to help them prepare for the NIFT exam:
- Students should begin their exam preparation by learning everything there is to know about NIFT, including the exam’s pattern, syllabus, and other information.
- Candidates can keep track of important points in one position and go over them.
- Take practice tests to determine the training levels and make adjustments as required.
- For good practice, students can solve previous year’s question papers or model/ sample papers.
- Additionally, when studying, students must go over all of the relevant notes they have prepared.
- The study material that students would use to prepare for their exams should be concise and well-received by the majority of candidates.
The NIFT admit card was released a few days before the test. On February 1, 2021, students will receive their admit cards.
In the event that the information on the admit card is incorrect, students must contact officials to get the issue corrected before the test.
The admit card is a vital document that candidates must present at the exam site in order to be admitted. Students must enter their login credentials – registered id and password – to receive their admit card via the online mode.
Admit Card (2021)
Students can access their results through the internet. To obtain a result, students must enter their application number, date of birth, and other necessary information.
The scorecard contains information such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, roll number, qualifying points, score, and rank. In addition, after the interview round, the final results will be announced in May/June 2021.
From the month of June 2021, NIFT 2021 Counseling will be held. From April 10th, 2021, you can register for an online interview (PG courses).
Students must register for counseling online, pay the counseling fee, choose a course and campus, and be assigned a seat in order to participate in the process.
For the GD/PI Interview round, students will be expected to download their counseling cum call letters from the website. For the document verification process, candidates would be asked to validate their documents/certificates.
The following are the documents that must be submitted:
- Mark sheet for 10th and 12th grades
- Certificate of Completion of 10th and 12th Grades
- Certificate of classification
- a number of passport-size photos
- Certificate of Transfer
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Provisional admission affidavit
- Draft from a bank
- Certificate of Anti-Ragging
- A provisional call letter, for example.