KVPY means Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana. The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY 2021) is a competition for students studying Basic Sciences who want to pursue a career in science research.
This national-level exam is administered by the Indian government’s Department of Science and Technology. Candidates are selected for scholarships up to the level of a Pre-Ph.D.
via this entrance test. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana all applications submitted for the only online mode.
Available on Application Form
Last Date of Application Form
Candidates must read the following information about the KVPY 2021 Application Form:
- The application form can be filled out electronically by candidates.
- The official authority may not have a hard copy of the document.
- First and foremost, candidates must register in order to fill out the application form.
- From the second week of July 2021, the application form will be available.
- Filling out personal and academic information, selecting test centers, and uploading photos, signatures, and other certificates are all needed.
- Candidates must pay the application fee and print a copy of the fully completed application form.
- Candidates should retain the application fee printout until the admissions process is completed.
- General & OBC Category Candidates: Rs.1250/-
- SC/ST & PWD Category Candidates: Rs.625/-
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Internet banking
Candidates must read the KVPY 2021 Eligibility Criteria before filling out the application form:
For Stream SA:
- Candidates must have completed their 10th grade with honors from a respected board.
- Subjects: Applicants must have completed 10th grade with Science and Mathematics as required subjects.
- Candidates must have received a minimum of 75% in order to be considered. (65 percent for candidates in the reserved group)
- Candidates who appear to be candidates are also qualified to apply.
For Stream SX:
- Candidates must have completed a 12th grade or equivalent test to apply.
- Subjects: Candidates must have completed a 12th-grade science course (PCB / PCM).
- Required Percentage: Applicants must have received a minimum of 75% in their 12th grade (65 percent for reserved category candidates).
- Candidates who are taking their 12th-grade exams or who are waiting for their results may also apply.
For Stream SB:
- Candidates in the first year of their undergraduate degree are qualified to apply.
- Candidates with a UG degree in Basic Sciences should have science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology that contribute to a B.Sc. /B.S. /B.Stat/B.Math. /Int. MS. /Int. M.Sc. /Int. M.Sc.
- Required Percentage: In 12th grade, one must have received 60 percent (50 percent for reserved category candidates) in Mathematics and Science.
Candidates must read the following information about the KVPY Exam Pattern:
- Exam Format: The exam will be given in an online format.
- Exam Language: The query paper will be in English and Hindi.
- Question Types: The questions will be objective in nature.
- Exam Time: The exam will take 3 hours to complete.
- The entire question paper will be worth 100 points.
Tips for Preparation
Candidates can use the following tips and tricks to help them prepare for the KVPY exam:
- Examine the exam pattern as well as the official syllabus.
- Candidates can also take a practice test online.
- Examine previous year’s query papers as well.
- Make short notes and edit them on a regular basis.
- Look at the best-selling books on the market.
- Practice meditation and yoga, as well as eating a balanced diet.
KVPY 2021 Admit Card releasing in online mode. From the second week of October 2021, candidates will download the admit card for the aptitude test from the website.
Candidates can obtain their admit card by visiting the KVPY website and logging into their application portal. Candidates should review their examination venue and seat number on their KVPY hall ticket.
Candidates must carry a valid school/college ID, Aadhar card, or passport with a clear photograph in addition to the admit card. Students who do not have an admit card or a valid ID will not be allowed to take the aptitude exam.
Admit Card (2021)
Candidates should review the correct answers to all of the questions in each stream. Along with the questions document, the official authority will release the response keys.
The KVPY response key will be made available online. The solution key will be available in pdf format. With the aid of the corrected response key, candidates may add up their scores.
The IISC will release the KVPY 2021 Result in an online format. In the third week of December 2021, it will be announced. For each stream, a merit list will be created based on the results (SA, SB, and SX).
In the merit list, candidates who meet the minimum cutoff will be classified. Candidates must enter their login credentials to see the results. Candidates who are short-listed will be invited to participate in a selection or counseling process.
Candidates will be shortlisted for the next round of admissions based on their results in the aptitude exam. Candidates will be invited to an interview, which is the last step in the selection process. Both the aptitude test and the interview will be used to determine whether or not you are eligible for a fellowship.
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be required to bring their original certificates for verification. They will be given final admission after their documents have been checked.