GATE means Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. One of the national-level entrance examinations is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
Every year, it is co-hosted by the Institute of Science (IISc) in Bangalore and one of the IITs. GATE 2021 is being organized by IIT Bombay. The exam serves as a pathway to Masters and direct doctoral programs in Engineering,
Technology, and Architecture, as well as Doctoral programs in related fields of science. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering all applications submitted for the only online mode.
Available on Application Form
Last Date of Application Form
Candidates must read the following information about the GATE 2021 Application Form:
- GATE Online Application Processing System is where candidates must register and fill out the application form (GOAPS).
- Candidates must also upload all credentials, records, and other materials through the internet.
- Photograph, signature, qualifying degree certificate, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD), or Dyslexia certificate, if appropriate, must all be submitted during the online application process.
- The candidate may be featured in one or both magazines. Students can take two papers in any combination they like as long as they follow the rules.
- No hard copies of the application form, papers, or other materials should be sent to the conducting institution or any of the zonal GATE offices.
Examination centers in India
- SC/ST/PWD & Female Candidates: Rs.750/-
- General/UR & Other Categories Candidates: Rs.750/-
Examination centers in Foreign Countries
- Singapore and Dubai: $100 USD
- Ababa, Kathmandu, Colombo & Dhaka: $50 USD
- Net Banking
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
Candidates must read the GATE 2021 Eligibility Criteria before filling out the application form:
B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm:
- Qualifications/ Examinations: Engineering/Technology bachelor’s degree holders (4 years after completing 10+2, or 3 years after completing a B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology).
- Affiliation: If you’re in your final year or you’ve already graduated.
- Qualifications/ Examinations: Architecture (5-year course)/Naval Architecture (4-year course)/Planning bachelor’s degree holders (4 years course)
- Affiliation: If you’re in your final year or you’ve already graduated.
B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S. (General):
- Qualifications/ Examinations: Science bachelor’s degree (4 years post-diploma after 10+2)
- Affiliation: Currently enrolled in the third year or have already completed it
Pharm. D. (after 10+2):
- Qualifications/ Examinations: Holders of a six-year degree program that includes internship or residency training in the sixth year.
- Affiliation: Currently in the third, fourth, fifth, or sixth year, or has already completed
- Qualifications/ Examinations: M.B.B.S. degree holders and those in the 5th/6h/7th semester of such a program.
- Affiliation: 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade (or equivalent)
M. Sc./M.A./MCA or Equivalent:
- Qualifications/ Examinations: A master’s degree in any branch of science, mathematics, statistics, computer applications, or the arts, or an equivalent qualification.
- Affiliation: If you’re in your first year or you’ve already finished.
Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.):
- Qualifications/ Examinations: Engineering/Technology post-baccalaureate integrated master’s degree programs (4 years program)
- Affiliation: Currently in the second, third, or fourth year, or has already completed.
Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2) or International M.E./M.Tech.
- Qualifications/ Examinations: Engineering/Technology Dual Degree Program or Integrated Master’s Degree Program (5 years program)
- Affiliation: Currently enrolled in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year, or have already completed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year
International M.Sc./ International B.S.-M.S.
- Qualifications/ Examinations: 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program or integrated M.Sc.
- Affiliation: If you’re in your third year or you’ve already finished.
Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./ B.Arch.)
- Qualifications/ Examinations: Professional Societies’ B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. comparable exams, approved by the Ministry of Education/ UPSC/ AICTE. (For example, the Institution of Engineers-India awards AMIE, the Institute of Civil Engineers-India awards AMICE, and so on.)
- Affiliation: Section A or the equivalent of those technical courses completed
Candidates must read the following information about the GATE Exam Pattern:
- The exam will be given in an online (CBT) format.
- A number of Subject Papers: There will be 27 subject papers in total. This year, two new subject papers were added: Environmental Science & Engineering (ES) and Humanities & Social Sciences (XS).
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Response questions will be asked (NAT).
- Section Forms: Each paper will have two types of sections: mandatory and optional.
- Exam Time: The exam will last 3 hours in total.
- The question paper will have a maximum score of 100 points.
- Number of Questions: There will be 65 questions on the exam.
- Various questions for MCQs and NATs will be worth one or two points. In one-mark MCQs, incorrect responses will be deducted 1/3 of a point. For two-mark MCQs, incorrect answers will be deducted 2/3 of a point. For numerical-style questions, there will be no negative marking.
- In NAT questions, there will be no negative labeling for incorrect answers.
Tips for Preparation
Candidates can use the following tips and tricks to help them prepare for the GATE exam:
- First and foremost, review the entire syllabus, marking scheme, and exam pattern for the test.
- Make a rough research schedule and stick to it on a daily basis.
- Examine best-selling books to prepare for GATE 2021.
- Examine previous year’s question papers as well as sample papers given by various coaching institutions.
- Take online practice tests to get a sense of the question paper format.
- Maintain your wellbeing and avoid stress while studying for exams. Yoga and meditation are recommended.
GATE 2021 Admit Card releasing in online mode. The GATE 2021 admit card is now available on the GOAPS website in an online format. The authority has not issued a printed copy of the admit cards.
On the date and time indicated in the admit card, candidates must report to the examination center. There have been no requests for improvements to the center or the date/time listed on the admit card.
Candidates must bring a printout of their downloaded to admit card, as well as an original and correct photo ID, to the examination for verification.
Admit Card (2021)
Candidates’ answers to the GATE 2021 exams are now available on GOAPS. Candidates can get it by logging in with their credentials. GATE response keys for a variety of papers are available on the GATE website.
After making the payment, candidates have a certain amount of time to send their questions about the response keys. The evaluation of the examination papers has been completed, and the results have been published.
It can be found on the GATE 2021 website. Candidates can access their results by logging in with their login credentials. It displays the candidate’s qualification status. The outcome must be held before the admissions process is completed.
The CCMT 2021 will host the Centralized Counseling for M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. Both universities and colleges can provide admission based on the candidate’s GATE score for the years 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Candidates must pay the counseling registration fee in order to engage in GATE counseling. The integrated admissions process for postgraduate programs will begin in the second week of April 2021.
Online Registration, Choice Filling and Locking of Choices, Online Seat Allotment, Seat Acceptance fee deposit, Physical Reporting at a Reporting Center (RC), and Getting Admitted to Allotted Institute will be the three stages of the counseling phase.